Considerate Constructors Scheme
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is the national initiative, set up by the construction industry to improve its image.
Sites and companies that voluntarily register with the scheme are monitored against an eight point Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage performance beyond statutory requirements –
- Consideration of employees in terms of welfare facilities
- Environmentally conscious reducing effects
- Appearance reflecting tidiness of site
- Good neighbours reducing any negative impacts
- Respectful of others affected by works
- Safety is a matter of duty of care considering others
- Responsibly acting in best interests of others
- Accountability for decisions made in relation being a good neighbour
The Code of Practice commits Oakland Construction to complying in every respect to all the above eight points.
In registering a site with C.C.S., a site will be visited by one of the Scheme’s experienced Monitors who will show how the site or company is performing against the scheme.
Oakland Construction aim to apply good practices to all of our sites, and achieve the highest possible score for all elements. The Site Manager is charged with reaching this target.